This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ProPlanPossibilities #CollectiveBias
Do you love spoiling your dog? Are you looking to save money while making sure your pet has the best nutrition? Then keep reading because today we are going to cover it ALL!
Since it’s November I can officially say Happy Holidays! I don’t know about you but the holidays and gift giving have been on my mindful awhile. Now it’s time to put the plans into action and get my gift list knocked out BEFORE this baby arrives, preferably.
So of course I was really excited that I was able to team up with PetSmart and Purina® Pro Plan® to talk about my gift-giving plans for my (old) Pomeranian, Kenyon.
My little guy Kenyon, is a member of our family, even if he is a dog. Any pet owner can relate, I know. I have always taken him everywhere with me and he has seen more states and adventures than a lot of people! When he was younger he had the most gorgeous double coat that was award winning. Literally. He is a champion Pom and it showed. Fast forward a decade and then some and he has lost a lot of his coat. As he has aged, it’s been shocking how much his diet has become so crucial to his overall health and wellness. What he could once eat with no consequences, now makes him sick to his stomach and has even shown in his coat as I mentioned before. Still, a mouth full of expensive dental work and a coat that is wearing a little thin, he is as happy as he ever was.
We want him around as long as we can and finding the right formula is crucial to this. With the help of our veterinarian we were able to narrow down some of his issues and switching to a Grain Free diet has proven to be a big help. Purina Pro Plan also has prebiotics you can add to your dogs meals. They love it and it gives them some great fiber!
Purina Pro Plan Savor Grain Free Adult Dog Food
- Real chicken, beef, lamb, or salmon as the #1 ingredient in all dry formulas.
- Dry formulas feature a combination of crunchy kibble and tender shredded pieces for a taste and texture dog love.
- Available in a variety of dry and wet foods – plus snack and meal enhancements – to satisfy taste preferences.
- Outstanding taste without compromise
- All dogs need outstanding nutrition to help support a long, healthy, active life. And they deserve a taste that makes mealtime sensational. Pro Plan® SAVOR® provides the nutrition they need and a taste they’ll love, without compromise.
- Backed by a team of over 400 Purina scientists, including nutritionists, behaviorists and veterinarians, each of our platforms offers outstanding nutrition. No ingredient is unnecessary—everything is precisely and purposefully selected.
Want to know more about Purina? Check out Purina University!
Click here to save money on Purina University
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET WHEN YOU CREATE A PLAN:
A personalized food recommendation for your pet
Advice on how to transition your pet to Purina® Pro Plan®
Tips and articles chosen with your pet in mind
A $5 OFF COUPON FOR A BAG OF PURINA® PRO PLAN®*
I’m so glad we live in a day and age when we can take our furry friends with us out and about because if your dog is anything like Kenyon they LOVE getting out. Running errands, the park, and of course PetSmart make for a fun filled day for our four-legged friends. Whew. Say that 5 times fast!
As we have moved around the country and lived in several states, it has been SO nice to have PetSmart as a constant. Our grooming and vet are both available through PetSmart so our records are all housed together. They are also GREAT to remind you when things are due.
When we were getting licensed for foster care it was so convenient to be able to call and make sure we had all of our records current. I keep a copy at home but that peace of mind is reassuring. Now if we could get our own vital records so streamlined! 😉
With all of our needs: medical, grooming, diet, toys (and clothes haha) available at PetSmart we love being able to take Kenyon with us to get his supplies. I swear that dogs have preferences on their clothes, toys and treats! Plus they get to say hi to fellow shoppers. Both two and four legged. 😉
PET GIFT BASKET SUPPLIES
- Treats! I add several kinds in different shapes and sizes
- A pet cookbook and/or cookie cutter set aka more treats in the future
- Clothes (even if it’s just a bandana, your dog will feel so stylish you can tell they love it).
- New matching leash and harness
- Non-toxic paper confetti/filler
*Make sure these toys are the right size and durability for your dog. Kenyon doesn’t have very many teeth left so he needs pretty soft things, that are smaller for his little jaw. My mom’s dog is BIG and he can tear through a squeaky ball in seconds. And as always, SAFETY FIRST!
Below I used anon-toxic wooden basket and crinkle paper. Safe enough for a dog to eat, Kenyon is picky but you know, just in case. 😉
For more awesome ideas to spoil and give back to your dog click here!
What do you get your pet for Christmas? How do you care for your senior dog?
Thank you to PetSmart and Purina Pro Plan for making my gift giving and spoiling my senior dog so much easier! You can check them out on social media below!
XO ~ Melissa