Looking for something easy, nutritious and delicious to snack on? No Bake 6 Ingredient Peanut Butter Protein Energy Bites. Made with simple ingredients like old fashioned oats, peanut butter and flax seeds with an extra scoop of protein thrown in. A healthy protein packed breakfast or snack!
These energy bites are no bake, super easy to make and take less than 10 minutes to put together. Loaded with protein, fiber and healthy fats to keep you full and loaded with energy throughout the day. Made with only 6 ingredients: peanut butter, old fashioned oats, flax seed, protein powder, honey and chocolate chips. Everything gets combined in one bowl. Best of all you never have to turn on the oven.
It’s hard to believe these 6 Ingredient Peanut Butter Bites are healthy. They taste more like dessert than a healthy protein bite. They are the perfect on the go snack.
The best things about this recipe is that it is super versatile. If you do not have flax seed on hand substitute wheat germ. Try dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet. Add in shredded coconut, cranberries or cocoa powder.
You can also take these along with you for a great snack on the go!
To make these Peanut Butter Bites simply combine all 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes so they are easier to roll. Roll into 12 bites and store in the fridge for up to a week. Make sure you freeze these Peanut Butter Bites if you don’t eat them all within a week they are great cold!
These Peanut Butter Protein Bites pack a lot of nutrition. Here’s the breakdown:
- Protein Powder: Depending on the brand you use, you can control the amount of protein. I like to use a very low sugar protein powder, approximately 1 gram.
- Flax seed: Just 1 tablespoon of flax seed provides roughly 8 grams of fiber. Flax seed is also loaded with healthy fats, fiber and nutrients.
- Peanut Butter: Filled with healthy fats and fiber. One serving of peanut butter contains 7 grams of protein! Perfect for a quick energy boost and to keep you full throughout the day.
- Old Fashioned Oats: Rich in fiber, protein and nutrients. Old fashioned oats are a great way to sneak in extra nutrients. They are also known to reduce cholesterol.
PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BITES
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 scoops of protein powder
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like the mini kind)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Combine all 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes so they are easier to roll.
- Roll into 12 bites and store in the fridge for up to a week.