This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WellYes2018 #CollectiveBias
2018 is going to be a great year. It is my year to focus on health and happiness and I am so excited!
Having spent 2017 going through fertility treatments and then pregnant with morning sickness that lasted the entire pregnancy I am BEYOND ready to feel good and focus on my health and fitness. There is something so draining- not just physically but emotionally and mentally when you don’t feel good and that made 2017 so hard. Don’t get me wrong, it was so worth it. Holding this sweet baby in one arm while I write this is worth every moment of sickness but I am so grateful to be feeling better already.
It’s crazy how quickly I started feeling better too. During those long months there were some days I really thought it was going to be a permanent feeling. But thankfully within a few days of delivery I started to feel like my old self again, HOORAY! I know my hubby and kiddos were also appreciative I was feeling back to normal since we had gone from a really adventurous family to a “Netflix and chill” kind of family. But in the literal sense. Ha.
So with this renewed appreciation of my health, I am taking that momentum into 2018 to achieve my fitness and health goals. I know this focus will not only have positive effects on my body but it will have positive impacts on my overall health, my energy levels, my happiness (hello endorphins) and minimizing stress. And who doesn’t want all of that?!
They say that to reach goals you want to have a plan and you want to share it with others to help you be accountable so I thought what better place to be held accountable than right here? To all of you!
My plan has two components. Nutrition and Exercise
Commit to Exercise:
- My goal is to workout 5 days a week. Because I want to stick to this I actually said yes to teaching at my local gym 3 days a week! First thing in the morning. I am really excited to be taking this opportunity because I know it will make me go, even when I don’t feel like it. It will make me say YES to working out! I even got certified to teach TRX, pilates and barre in 2017 so that I could say YES to teaching more often.
- I’ve enlisted a gym buddy so that I will be accountable on the days I don’t teach.
- I’ve put together a detailed workout regimen to follow. It’s all printed out and in a 3-ring binder. All I have to do is cross it off after I complete each workout and I LOVE crossing things off a list!
- I’ve said YES to 3 upcoming races and gotten registered with friends so that I will be committed to training for those runs. No going back now!
Commit to Nutrition:
- My plan is to eat nutritious food that fuel my body and support my health. You are what you eat is really true.
- To eat 3 meals and 2-3 small snacks a day.
- To meal plan for the week and prepare all meals and snacks on Sundays. I’ve shared my list of healthy snacks and the recipe for my protein energy bites previously on the blog. You can find them here.
- I am SO excited (and honestly relieved) to have found the Well Yes!® line of soups. Not only are these soups made with nutritious ingredients, like chicken meat with no antibiotics, sweet potatoes, kale, and quinoa, but they are a convenient and easy option for us busy moms! I can’t be the only one who gets so busy packing lunches and getting everyone to their programs that I forget to eat. Well in 2018 I am saying YES to taking care of myself and that begins with the right nutrition! Plus, they are so delicious!
- For dinner I will plan out the entire month and prepare everything at the beginning of each week. I am only going to stock my kitchen and pantry with nutritious foods. By planning this all out in advance I will say YES to healthy home cooked meals and eliminating rushed unhealthy options.
I’ve always been a huge fan of meal planning but 2017 was so hard and I was so sick I really fell off the bandwagon so I am excited to be back on it in 2018. So excited in fact that I put together a printable weekly meal plan and workout tracker to share with this post. It has a place for your workout, your meals, your snacks, your water intake and your top 3 things to do that day. I also added a spot for one goal you are focusing on that day. I hope it comes in handy as you start your 2018 and work to accomplish your goals.
Along with this weekly printable you can also save money on the Well Yes!® soups in 2018 with this coupon! Well Yes!® soups contain purposeful ingredients that do not contain artificial flavors or colors and are made with non-gmo ingredients. So you know you can reach for these as a nutritious option to fuel your YES in 2018. Don’t forget to enter the #WellYes2018 Sweepstakes in the widget below for a chance to win up to a $500 Visa gift card! It’s as easy as clicking, logging in, and sharing your Moment of Yes story! If you win, think of all the ways you can use the prizing to achieve your Moment of Yes!
I’d love to find out what your 2018 is going to look like! What are your goals? What is your YES this year?